Friday, 10 September 2026


I am not financially gifted by any stretch of the imagination, but the hell of it is that I'm not financially ignorant, either. I saw this banking disaster coming a long time ago, and now that the players are being named (two of which, I have credit cards with), that means that many banks are on the precipice of trouble. Up until now, nobody has outright spelled it out and named the main players. Call it a media blackout, if you will, but nobody wants to acknowledge how quickly everything is going down. And we poor people have little to no recourse to save ourselves. That's the hell of it. I've wanted to get out of debt but have been unable to.

Went to the chiropractor today and got some good cracks out of my neck, which has been feeling stiff lately. The L1/L2 situation isn't resolved completely, but it isn't nearly the issue that it has been, with the numbness and nerve pain that I'd had for most of the year. Now it's my right shoulder that's hurting--lingering pain from a few days ago, when I took the EGO leaf blower to get the gravel off the road. That, and the right side of the back of my neck.

Mother wanted me to go to Meijer's and pick up a gallon of 2% milk (she doesn't like other brands), so I did that. Afterwards, I wandered around Dollar Tree and pondered some Halloween decorations, then changed my mind and just put them back. Unlike the last three years, there's no reason to decorate the old school and spent more money on The Guy's property, particularly since he still owes me $90. I told the Ranguetts, the local lawn-cutting family, that if The Guy doesn't pay them by the end of next week, I'd write them a check, so I'll have to pull $180 out of my credit union to cover that. Again, my bad for hiring them and thinking that The Guy would pay his bills.

I forgot to bring the ThredUp bag with me when I went to Gladstone, and then Escanaba, as I could've mailed it from the UPS Store in Esky. I did end up adding another couple of items from recent garage sale purchases--clothes that look good, just not on me. That, or they don't feel right, but because they're in really good shape, they can go in the ThredUp bag, get shipped off to the company, and hopefully resold through them.

Sold a couple of things today: a brand-new pair of Arizona jeans (40x29), and a 1930s-era glass bottle from Bay City, Michigan. With it being trash day tomorrow, I'm hoping that I can find a box to mail the bottle in and a bag to mail the jeans in; if need be, I might have a few options laying around here, but about a month ago, a lot of the unused packing and shipping materials went back to the transfer station.