Friday, 25 September 2026

 

Well, it's not perfectly organized, but I sent a better-organized version of the Post's digital history off to California yesterday. I tried to dig through and delete duplicates as well as accidental additions, like any "Compulsion" photos or personal images, like this picture of myself in my Navy uniform (by the way, that's the last time that I wore it, read: "fit into it"). There is an outside chance that the USPS-sent package comes back to me. I don't know if there's enough postage on the pre-printed label, because the box contains not one hard drive but two; the Post guy sending it to me accidentally ordered the Seagate 2T drive that I used, but intended for me to get a orange-rubber-surrounded "rugged" drive that arrived a few days later. If they come back, it's going to be a close race to get them to the West Coast by the end of the month. I might end up overnighting it if it comes to that.

Maybe I'm being an alarmist about the impending truckers' strike on October 1st--after all, they might grow a conscience and decide it's not in the best interests of the country--but I also don't think that I'm being alarmist enough. The trucks stop and everything stops, and we don't have enough of a rail system in this country to keep things stocked and available through an alternate supply chain. I went through a supermarket today with $21 in my hand and realized that would only buy me four cans of vegetables (2 for $2.50), and had to admit that we're already in trouble as a country.

I left early for the 1 p.m. chiropractor appointment today, a little after 10 a.m., since I had other tasks to complete. We had several trash bags' worth of aluminum cans to recycle (hence the $21), I had a few donation items for St. Vincent de Paul's thrift store, grabbed a cheeseburger and small fry at McDonald's, then went to a rummage sale at the nearby church. I got a couple of shirts and a plastic deviled-egg tray at St. Vinny's. The church had free clothing but, of course, accepted donations, so I gave them $10 for a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of shirts.

Purchase-wise, I picked up two glass cruets that Mother can use next month during a special Bishop Baraga ceremony at Indian Lake--it being Day Two, they had everything priced at $1 and I only spent $3, two for the cruets and another dollar for a Scrap Works photo album/box. The box is pretty much what I'm looking for inside the Equinox, to store things in, because it's 3" tall and quite sturdy. Ideally, it'd be nice to find a handled case, 4-5" tall, and wide enough to balance out the back panel and cargo mat in the hatchback area, so it's impossible to tell that there's anything stored in there. The wheel well only has so much space, but something above it that's under 5" and a few feet square (and hidden from plain sight) would provide ample room for extra items.