Saturday, 12 September 2026
It's been a light day in terms of transfer station finds, but for whatever reason, someone threw out this $11+ garden stake with its red LED eyes. Granted, green ones would've made more sense for a Frankenstein, but whatever. It's not broken either physically or electronically, and it'll do for some cheap holiday decorating. Other than that, I only picked up a red Jilbert Dairy crate (currently in the front flower bed of the old school, holding the red/white/blue flowers that might go up for Veterans Day--if the ground hasn't frozen by November 11th), and a sun umbrella (also in the flower bed); the shade on the umbrella is in excellent condition, and one broken arm doesn't mean the umbrella doesn't work anymore.
In two weeks, the local Harvest Festival will be going on and I have considered doing another yard sale, catching people as they drive in and out of town. There's still a roomful of somewhat marketable stuff in there. However, I don't think that I have the energy or the stamina to go through all of that again. The only reason I'm considering it is because it might be the only way to make up for the money that The Guy has yet to pay me from June, July and August (which amounts to only $100 or so, so I don't know what his beef is), plus the money owed for the lawn-mowing ($180). Maybe I'll set out a few things on a few tables, though I'm not all that keen on walking through the building much these days.
I did go inside and fetch the last of the artificial flowers today. The lawn needed a bit of weed whacking around the flagpole and along the area between the ditch and M-183, and I did a few other trouble spots, but really just wanted to wrap up the outdoor decorating bit with orange-and-yellow floral and leaf decorations for the Fall season. Earlier this year, I threw away some three contractors' bags'-worth of fake flowers which I'd been gathering up over the past three years from the local cemetery's trash. Now it's all down to a small bucket of red-and-white flowers on the porch (to help block access) and the Fall flowers on the old flagpole mound.