Tuesday, 22 September 2026
Well, the new garage-tent is (mostly) up. It's not the level of quality that seemed to be promised on the website, but it's up and it'll have to do. One problem is that two of the feet wouldn't go onto the poles because it's too tight of a fit, but that's a wrestling match for another day. My main concern is with staking it down better, because of the wind gusts that can hit the area. The ground is rocky around here and the stakes don't want to go in as deep as they should, so to help keep it down, I'm adding six Mid-Century old school metal tent stakes, with rope thrown over three sections of the temporary garage. The tent's got it's low-budget tie-down cords and flimsy metal stakes that also need to be put on... but I'm tired.
The top section of the back of the garage still has to get secured. The ground is uneven in front of the lawnmower shed and, being tired, it didn't seem like a good idea to concern myself with securing the three remaining eyeholes. My only real concern is if something flies in and then is too stupid to get itself out again.
I've got over 1T on the new hard drive already, though most of what's in the "To Sort" file has to be deleted because it's duplicates from the other files. I'm also having to go through and cut out my own images, like this one from Cedar Point