Tuesday, 6 October 2026

It's "breezy." I have my doubts as to how well this thing's going to handle any wind over 15, much less in the 20-25 we're expecting, but it's up and it's tied up and tied down and staked down and... there's nothing more I can do. If it fails, it fails. There's over 1,000 feet of paracord on this sucker, and I still need to order more and more substantial cord (see "My Amazon Wish List," lol). I moved the two Suncast boxes from the back of the 8x8 to the side of the tent, and have one inside and one outside, which hopefully diverts the wind and keeps the tarp in that corner from flapping too much. Other items are also stationed across the inside, from plastic trellises to a Radio Flyer wagon to the Mongoose Threshold mountain bike. My Equinox will stay in there tonight, but I do have concerns about what's going to happen when I take it out again, and I lose that nearly-4,000-pound tie down. Hopefully the wind will be a today/tonight thing, not a Wednesday thing, or maybe what I've got going on will be good enough to keep the storage shed intact.

The project across the street must be finished, for now. If they'd had plans to start building a new house on the property, surely they'd have started to dig out a bigger crawl space. Instead, the hole has been cleaned of its debris and filled with dirt. Perhaps next year, though it's possible that the property owners don't have the money to build a new place and that could sit vacant for years to come. At least the old house is out of there.

Mother went to church, and I spent most of the time after she left clearing my crap out of the garage. I've got one area of "my" stuff that I really can't get rid of because it's more medical in nature: knee scooter, wheelchair, crutches, neck brace, leg/ankle brace etc. The "maybe I'll need it again" stash. There's other stuff in there that's mine, mostly Christmas in nature, that she might want to use, too (like a light-up wreath), so trying to figure out what can just leave is difficult. There's no telling when she'll go, "Where is..." and I've got to unearth it.

In preparation for my day trip to Marquette for vehicle maintenance and dental work and dog grooming, I'm once again going through and trying to figure out how much crap can be donated. A few things out of the garage made the cut, as did a few things out of the back-room closet, and a couple of items from the 8x8. So I'm confirmed for a busy day. Things just aren't selling online. I can't keep accumulating crap, hoping that some $20 item will find a buyer.

To that end, I'm going to have to get rid of some more boxes and packing material again. I get it all for free at the transfer station, but if nothing's selling, there's nothing to pack, and I don't want to clutter up the space with boxes and packing peanuts and air-pack pockets and brown paper.